Harvey +5, Wednesday Morning August 30, 2017

Good Morning

After a restless sleep and checking on the house a few times I woke up at 5:30 for good and began to move final things as we have about 9 inches in the house and it is increasing with regularity 1 inch every hour - more on that later. 

As Lisa and were looking for this and that to save I realized how crazy this is.  I had at least two days to fully prepare for the house - including the arrival of the Cajun Army last night to move stuff - and yet there is always something you miss.  We missed a rug my parents bought us for our first house on the bed or the first piece of art Lisa and I ever bought together.  On the other hand we did miss the IKEA furniture and a few rugs - choices of effort and return.

One of the items that I realized I had missed was a card collection (MTG) that I have for 20+ years and now Ethan collects.   I am glad I remembered those and the art and the other things that mean so much to Lisa, Ethan, and me.  When I reflect (yay, I know like a 30 minute reflection but remember I am in hyper speed) on that I am grateful that we have the opportunity and time to search, find, and save our treasures.  So many others have not had this time or opportunity. 

As we took inventory of what we needed and didn't need we bought this was like a Walking Dead Post / Apocalyptic  scene.  There is no sound around, the doors move due to the wake you create when you walk, and simply the idea that you are alone in a house full of water - F that!  But at least there are no zombies that I know of. 

As for the 'data' on our situation... 

The water started coming in last night around 11:00ish. As I noted one man's foot might be another's 3 feet.  So given that it comes in an inch every hour (mark is 11:15pm) it will be 10 inches or more when you read this.  

We are safely ensconced in our 2nd story and making the best of it. As a matter of fact I had the great pleasure of making a nice cup of coffee with our french press.  We have a gas stove so that was a nice win.  

Ethan left late last night before his mother's street was impassable.   He is headed to Austin and if he needs anything there I will be sure to reach out to my Austin hombres.

Now you could be thinking 'what is in it for me if Nat gets another inch in his house?  I am 100% supportive of someone creating a betting pool to see what the final number is.  I honestly have no solid idea - could be 12" or 36".   I would put my number in at 20".   I mean, seriously what good is a catastrophe if you can't make a little wager on it.

I'll send out a note later with a video of what the neighborhood looks like.

 As always thanks for the well wishes.

Nat



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvey +13, Thursday September 7, 2017

Harvey +8, Saturday September 3, 2017

Harvey +11, Tuesday September 5, 2017